SIM Senegal (4th Senegal Mining Conference & Exhibition) will take place from 8 – 10 November 2016 at the Hotel King Fahd Palace Dakar, Senegal.
The event is organised by the Ministry of Industry & Mines, Senegal in association with AME Trade Ltd. The event will feature a three day conference, exhibition and option to visit some of Senegal’s key mining sites.
SIM Senegal has already established itself as one of the largest mining events in West Africa. The third edition of the event in 2014, was opened by His Excellency Macky SALL, President of the Republic of Senegal.
The event will feature :
- Three days of plenary sessions
- Technical workshops
- A co-located trade event
- Visits to Senegal’s mining sites
It will gather :
- International investors
- Mining and petroleum experts
- Financial institutions
- West Africa’s mining decision makers
- Development partners
- Companies involved in the mining exploration and associated service sectors
SIM Senegal is established as one of Africa’s leading mining events, SIM 2014 attracted:
The main theme of the event is “ The mining sector: the engine for growth and development”
The Emerging Senegal Plan aims to increase the productivity of Senegal’s economy in the public and private sectors.
The Emerging Senegal Plan goals for the mining sector are:
- Improvement of the legal and fiscal framework of the mining sub-sector, which includes a review of the mining code and the convention model;
- Improvement of the institutional frame of the mining sub-sector, which includes training and capacity building;
- Update of the geological data and information – increase of geologic research for the reconstitution of the deposits reserves in exploitation and the discovery of new deposits;
- Transparency to insure a better visibility of the impact of the mining industry on the state economy and so the traceability of incomes generated by the mining industry justify membership to the Extractive Industry Transparency Initiative (EITI);
- Fight against the illegal artisanal gold mining – action plan validated and orders are taken to complete the mining regulations for this purpose